You Are Here:

  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Custody Issues
  4.  | Emergency Custody & Restrictions On Parenting Time

Emergency Custody & Restrictions On Parenting Time

When it comes to protecting your kids, it can be necessary to act promptly. Colorado courts can issue emergency orders that help prevent certain types of harm. At Jolein A. Harro, P.C., we have the capacity to act quickly by filing emergency petitions and appearing before the court.

There are many different situations in which parents may need to file a petition for the emergency temporary change to a custody order. These include:

  • Mistreatment or physical abuse
  • Sexual abuse
  • Threats of abuse
  • Substance abuse that puts the children in danger
  • A parent’s mental health issues
  • Parental abandonment
  • Parental kidnapping/parent about to leave Colorado with the child

Emergency Matters And The UCCJEA

Emergency matters can become very complicated when parents live in different states or countries. The Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) allows parents to apply for temporary emergency custody in a state that is not the child’s “home state” if the child is present in the state and has been abandoned or is being subjected to mistreatment or abuse. At Jolein A. Harro, P.C., we are familiar with the UCCJEA and use our expert knowledge to help people in need with an emergency motion, whether or not they live in Colorado.

Contact A Lawyer About An Emergency Custody Order

Take action to protect your children from danger or to ensure that visitation orders (parenting plans) are being followed. Call our attorneys at 720-541-5873 or complete our online contact form. We have an office in Littleton, serving the Denver metro area and Jefferson County, as well as a satellite office in Steamboat Springs.