You Are Here:

  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Custody Issues
  4.  | Enforcement/Contempt Of Court

Enforcing Orders And Your Rights

All too frequently, even the most carefully drafted divorce agreements or court orders fail because people simply refuse to follow them. At the law offices of Jolein A. Harro, P.C., we represent clients in matters of enforcement or contempt of court. We have more than 30 years of experience helping individuals and families in Littleton, Denver, and throughout Colorado with issues that are often heated and hard to resolve.

Reasons For Enforcement

There are many ways in which people may fail to follow through on court orders. One of the most common is nonpayment of court-ordered child support or spousal maintenance. Another is refusing to sign the documents necessary to transfer assets or property to the other party.

Parents may also fail to exercise parenting time in accordance with court-ordered parenting plans. In Colorado, courts use a term called “alienation of parental responsibilities” when one parent interferes with a co-parent’s parenting time. Parents can also cause adversity when they refuse to cooperate in making decisions that are in the best interests of the children.

How We Can Help

These matters are unplanned and are difficult to resolve on your own. That’s where we come in. We can assist with the enforcement of court orders, including orders related to:

  • Child custody and parenting plans
  • Child support
  • Spousal maintenance (which people often call alimony)

Let our lawyers fight for your rights and help you explore all legal options to take care of you and your family.

If An Ex Is Violating A Court Order, You Have Options

If an ex-partner is violating a court order, you should immediately contact our law firm. We can ask courts to enforce the court order, and possibly have the person held in contempt of court.

There can be many different scenarios. In some cases, parties falsely accuse each other of violating orders. We are also available to defend against these untrue accusations.

If a parent is refusing to follow your parenting plan — if an ex is making false allegations — reach out to an attorney as soon as possible. We are well-equipped and ready to start handling your case right away. Call 720-541-5873 or contact our firm online to set up a consultation.